Damiana extract side effects can become quite serious if not taken in the right dosage.
This is usually caused by an over dosage of this herb.
Therefore, it is very important to stick to the recommended dosage.
Let’s face it; the truth of the matter is that nothing and nobody is perfect.
It is also a fact that too much of anything is poisonous. Damiana supplements are great for the body and help in treating so many side effects.
According to research, damiana is one of the best and most effective herbal supplements.
However, this doesn’t mean it’s flawless.
There are a number of damiana extract side effects that may occur in different individuals as a result of taking too much of these supplements.
However, there are also individuals who may not experience any of the side effects.
In addition, studies show that the side effects will most likely occur when you exceed the recommended amounts of damiana.
Here are some common damiana extract side effects
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach aches
Some more serious side effects of damiana extract:
- Damage to certain organs like the liver.
- Likely to experience poisoning from cyanide.
- Damiana extract helps with indigestion but excessive dosages may lead to constipation.
- This herb can easily turn into a laxative and bring about stomach pains and diarrhea.
If you are taking these supplements and you experience any of these symptoms, you should seek medical assistance immediately.
When should you not use damiana extract?
- When you’re pregnant: This is because of the hormonal functions of the herb that may interfere with the pregnancy.
- In addition, traditionally this herb was used to induce abortion. If you take the herb while you are pregnant, you could easily lose the pregnancy.
- When your breast feeding.
- If you are on treatment for diabetes: These different medications may not work well together.
- Mental health problems: Damiana is helpful as an anti-depressant. However, this herb should never be used by people who suffer from mental health problems or psychological disorders. Some of these include schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease.
The best way to ensure that you do not suffer from any of these damiana extract side effects is to never increase your dosages in an attempt to benefit more from the herb.
For instance, a normal dosage of damiana extract is 400 mg. This is the reason why I recommend taking a damiana extract supplement. Supplements with ingredients like damiana such as hormone support for her and ensure you from over dosing. You should also confirm that you are cleared to take the supplements. You can do this by talking your doctor first.
Make no mistake about it; supplements such as hormone support for her that contains damiana extract are very good for you. This is actually the only herbal supplement that you will find that has no side effects especially if taken as per a physician’s recommendations.
They are safe for your body and will not affect your general health if you take them well. Just ensure that they will not interfere with any of present medical conditions or medications.
Read Next Article: Damiana Extract Benefits and Tips To Get Maximum Relief and Aid